The Polaris® has a high grade 444 stainless steel tank with brass connections for years of dependable, trouble-free service - no anode required. A submerged combustion chamber with spiral flue provides up to 96% thermal efficiency and ultra-low standby heat loss of approximately 1%.
• 95+% Thermal Efficiency.
• Stainless Steel Tank and Combustion Chamber/Flue.
• Sealed Combustion.
• Vents (Intake and Exhaust) with 2" (models having less than 175,000 Btu Input) 3" PVC ABS or CPVC Schedule 40 Plastic Pipe.
• 2" Non-CFC Polyurethane Foam to prevent heat loss and reduce energy costs.
• Factory-installed Temperature & Pressure Relief Valve.
• LED Operational and Diagnostic Lights.
• Negative-Pressure Gas Valve.
• Electronic Hot Surface Ignition.
• 24-Volt Thermostat Control.
• Tested and listed with CSA International in accordance with the latest addition of ANSI Z21.10.3 CSA 4.3.
• ASHRAE Standard 90.1-1999 - thermal efficiency requirements are met or exceeded. Zero clearance to combustibles.