Download Spec Sheet
The packaged system from American is the latest advancement in solar water heating. With the solar water heating system, American provides everything needed for a comprehensive solar system, allowing for quick and easy specification and installation. With Solar Energy Factor ratings up to 10.1, solar water heating systems can provide up to 70% of the energy needed for water heating directly from the sun.
- • Standard and Deluxe solar system packages.
- • 16 solar water heating systems - one, two or three collector configurations collectors can be added for larger systems.
- • All systems are active closed loop systems using a mixture of distilled water and non-toxic propylene glycol as a heat transfer fluid in the solar loop to prevent freezing during winter.
- • All solar water heating systems are SRCC certified OG-300.
- • Highest quality solar thermal collectors from Chromagen™
- • All solar thermal collectors are SRCC certified OG-100.
- • All system packages include integrated solar pump stations that save time, money and provide a clean professional looking installation.
- • 80 & 120-gallon direct and indirect solar booster tanks with 4500 watt backup heating elements.
- • Solar Energy Factor (SEF) ratings up to 10.1.
- • Provides up to 70% of the energy needed for water heating directly from the sun.
- • Can produce the same amount of energy as photovoltaic solar collectors at 1/8th of the cost.
- • Full line of solar accessories including Solar Pathfinder™ site analysis unit and Pathfinder Assistant Software, contractor installation kits, collector tilt kits and roof mounting kits for composite, flat, tile, split seam and corrugated metal roof installations. Contact your local sales representative for more information.
- • 10-year limited warranty on collectors, 6-year limited warranty on solar booster tanks, 2-year limited warranty on pump station, 1-year limited warranty on miscellaneous parts. For complete information, consult the included written warranty or contact American Water Heaters.
INTEGRATED SOLAR PUMP STATIONS
All-in-one integrated, insulated assembly features:
- • Wall mounted for a clean professional looking installation.
- • Saves time and money.
- • Programmable electronic solar system control with advanced diagnostics and LCD display.
- • Precise flow control - multiple speed pumps, flow control valves and variable speed controls.
- • Flow meter, temperature and pressure gauges.
- • Isolation valves, fill and drain valves, check valves and air stripper.
- • Solar loop pressure relief valve.
- • Includes solar loop expansion tank with mounting bracket and stainless steel flex line.
- • Standard pump stations are used with indirect solar booster tanks that have factory installed internal single wall coil-type heat exchangers.
- • Double wall pump stations are equipped with plate-type stainless steel heat exchangers (double wall) and are used with direct solar booster tanks.